Sunday, September 4, 2011

MARK SALLING SAID HE'S REVILING HIGH SCHOOL


As football player and Casanova of McKinley High, Glee’s Mark Salling is a jock with a sensitive side. The Texas native, who recently celebrated his 29th birthday, talked to Parade.com about his TV family, the cause he’s passionate about, and why he’s not quite the heartthrob he’s made out to be. 

On the Glee Live! In Concert summer tour :
“We did so many cities and so many shows in such a short amount of time, so it’s a whirlwind. We even made a movie out of it! It’s such an original, unique thing that we are doing. I don’t think that many shows have done tours like this, excluding So You Think You Can Dance. It was such a wonderful summer, and it feels good to be back at work. Even with the short amount of time I had off, I actually missed my Glee family.”

On bonding with his co-stars :
“I had never been on a TV show before, so I didn’t really have any expectations, but we are like a family. Sometimes there’s friction and conflict, but then there’s resolution, just like any other family.”

On what’s in store for Puck this season :
“We are only three episodes in, so as far as a story arc for the season, I have no idea, but I think he’s going to be getting back to his old badass ways a little bit and loving the ladies!”

On being named the star most likely to date a Glee fan by his fellow co-stars :
“That’s kind of ridiculous! I think someone was having a little fun when they said that. I think they were trying to start something!”

On turning 29 this summer :
“It’s quite a trip. I’m 45-years-old in high school! It does feel like I’m reliving high school at times.”

On his solo music :
“Glee is a fulltime job. I wish I had more time to play some shows and tour and do my own music, but I’m just happy to be a part of Glee. That’s my number one focus right now.”

On being recognized by fans :
“It sounds crazy, but if I wear a hat I’m invisible, so I have that power. I live in a bubble. Hollywood is a small town, believe it or not. I see the same people over and over, so it’s not that overwhelming or crazy as you might think.” OP:They're called stalkers.

His friends in Texas love his superstar status :
“It’s humbling. I enjoy this ride and I get a kick out of it, but I think my friends and loved ones get more of a kick out of it than I do. That’s what’s great about it — seeing them enjoy it.”

On the Glee effect :
“I just got back from my 10-year high school reunion and a bunch of people said the show meant a lot to them and gave them hope. These are people I went to high school with and that’s not who you’d expect to hear those kind of accolades from, so that was really rewarding. That’s the kind of stuff that feels the best in my opinion.”

On joining forces with ConAgra Foods’ Child Hunger Ends Here campaign :
“Child hunger is something we think of as a foreign issue and it’s a huge issue right here in the United States. 17 million kids are affected. Actually, my native state of Texas is number two on that list, so I feel a personal connection.

He has Glee to thank for his access to charitable causes :
“That’s one of the benefits of this wonderful show that I’ve been fortunate to be part of. It gives you a platform and a voice for causes that you feel passionate about.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP