Friday, July 15, 2011

ABOUT CHRIS COLFER'S EMMYS NOMINATIONS AND HIS GLEE EXIT


For Chris Colfer, the breakout actor on the Fox hit “Glee,” getting his second Emmy nomination in as many seasons of the show was a great way to start his day. He took a moment to talk about his delight with the news.

ON HIS EMMYS NOMINATIONS..

TVLINE | Congrats! How does this nomination compare to last year’s?
There was almost more pressure this year because I was nominated last year. Last year, everyone was kind of like, “What? That’s crazy that [he] was nominated.” So this year, I think a lot of people were expecting me to get nominated, but I was not one of them. I honestly didn’t think there was going to be room for me in the category [because the list of potential nominees] is so vast and a lot of my stuff is so dramatic [rather than comedic] on the show. So I didn’t think I was going to be included.

TVLINE | It has to be odd — bittersweet — to make the cut again when Lea and Matthew Morrison, who also received nods last year, did not.
It is. We all work extremely hard on our show, and I know how much Matt and Lea put into it every day, so I am disappointed to see that they didn’t get nominations.

TVLINE | Would “disappointed” also be a fair assessment of your reaction to being “graduated” off the show?
It’s definitely not my choice. But I completely understand that it works for the integrity of the show. One of the things that I love about Glee is, despite characters breaking into song in the middle of the hallway, it was very real to me. It always seemed like a very real high school environment. And I think by having some characters graduate, they’ll continue having that element.

TVLINE | And of course this doesn’t necessarily mean the end of Kurt Hummel, right? Therecould be a spin-off.
As of right now, it’s just rumors. I’m not attached or signed on for any spinoff. There hasn’t been anything official yet.


ON HIS GLEE EXIT...

Oh my God, I couldn’t go on my Twitter [Wednesday] without getting severe anxiety,” says Chris Colfer. That’s when Ryan Murphy made it official that Colfer, along with Glee stars Lea Michele and Cory Monteith, would be exiting the show after the coming third season.

Colfer, who received his second Emmy nomination for playing Kurt Hummel on Thursday, says while the news wasn’t unexpected, it was still shocking to hear it.

I think it was something we all knew was coming, just because Ryan has said from the beginning that people would be graduating. It’s definitely not my choice, but I absolutely respect it and understand why it has to happen. Ryan has said, and I love this, that there’s nothing sadder than a high school student with a bald spot — it’s true! This is what happens in real life. Kids grow up and they move on. It makes sense that that’s what we would do.

At the moment, he’s too busy to get weepy. Asked how he’d celebrate his Emmy nod, Colfer said he’s still filming the movie Struck By Lightning. “I’m going to the set of a movie that I’m starring in, wrote and am producing, so that’s not too bad!

Glee goes back into production next month, but Colfer’s still waiting to hear what senior year holds for Kurt and his new boyfriend Blaine (Darren Criss
). But he is excited about one thing: “I am very much looking forward to the graduation gown that Kurt wears because Lord knows it’s going to be out of this world.

[source]

We've all just learned that your Kurt character will leave ‘Glee’ after next season? Were you as shocked as the fans?
I think the overall breaking news of it surprised me. I definitely wasn’t expecting that. It’s definitely not my choice to leave the show, but I understand it’s the right choice. The show is very real. To have the character grow up and leave and graduate, it’s the right thing to do. I think it’s more of a big deal because not too many shows have ever done it before. We see the characters until they’re in their early 30s.

Since we won’t be seeing that with Kurt, where do you see him post-graduation:
I always imagined him running his own magazine. Kurtain magazine — it would be like a Vogue-type publication. I don’t know. I love Kurt so so much. And I’m so proud of what he’s done this past season: He really went through a lot and experienced a lot. I’ve received thousands and thousands of letters from viewers who’ve just identified with him so much. It’s fantastic. I’ll miss that. But at least it’s planned, and I’m sure it will be a nice goodbye.

Kurt did endure a lot this season. How will we see him develop this year.
Apparently, they’re going to go in a lighter, comical direction, which is good. I’m tired of crying in every scene.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP