Tuesday, January 4, 2011

High school pain for 'Glee' star Heather Morris




Unlike her "Glee" character Brittany S. Pierce, Heather Morris' own high school experience wasn't exactly something to sing about.
"Honestly, I didn’t enjoy it. My dad passed away before my freshman year, and it altered how I thought," the 23-year-old star, who plays McKinley High's lovably ditzy cheerleader, tells February's Teen Vogue. "I was depressed - I didn’t hang out with my friends. I worked through it by dancing."
That would eventually lead to a pre-"Glee" gig as a backup dancer on Beyoncé's Single Ladies tour. "We had twelve-hour days of nonstop dancing," says Morris. "It was so cool to go around the world."

The Arizona native tells the magazine she has wanted to be a singer since she was a child, and although she's had the opportunity to perform some of the most popular songs ever recorded, there is still one show-stopper she hopes to tackle on the hit Fox series.
"I would die to do 'Part of Your World' from 'The Little Mermaid'!" says Morris. "I used to sit on a rock and sing that when I was four. I’ve wanted to perform my entire life."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to TOP